Monday, August 13, 2007

A Quick Note

Things are going good. That's always a good thing, isn't it?

Work is going to be interesting, because we are once again in COST CUTTING MODE.
What that means is that some people will have to forgo their usual duties and have to go out and "stuff envelopes" - ooh, what fun! So far it does not require or mandate a specific number of hours for admin workers - just every so often. This is much better than last April.

Today was one of those days. From 11:00 to 2:00 I was doing my part on the line, stuffin' what needed to be stuffed. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like it, but what was I going to do? With Beamer out on LOA, WLG playing hookie - oh, sorry, she was getting her carpets steamed cleaned. The Mentor was exempt because she "was on a deadline" for some project. Beppo the Clown, what can I say about Beppo, she doesn't know how to stuff envelopes. And last but not least, Chip, not quite why she is never selected to go stuff envelopes. I am curious though, IF ONE MUST GO, THEN ALL SHOULD GO. I think I'll check with the Ms. Drama.

Hub's aunt and cousin were here for the weekend. It went very well, spent Friday and part of Saturday with them. We did some grillin' on Saturday and it was good!
Grilled chicken, tequila citrus shrimp, zucchini, corn on the cob, and some grilled pineapple. Ooohh! I'm tellin' you, it was goood.

Well, I guess I'll be going now, time to head to the house.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Interesting how I scheduled my carpets to be cleaned on a Monday when I figured we would be called to help stuff envelopes... yep, interesting... ;-)

~ Wolf Lover Girl