Friday, January 11, 2008

Goldie, Pepper, and Silver

I am sitting at home bored to death. I somehow managed to catch the flu, or did the flu catch me? Anyhow, this is day #2 at home and there is absolutely nothing on daytime television. So in between sleeping and feeling totally crappy, I thought I'd post some pictures I had promised WLG.

These are photos of my mom's dogs taken when Hub and I were in El Paso, Texas for Thanksgiving.

Here we have Goldie, Pepper, and Silver.

Goldie and Silver belong to my mom, they're a mix of wolf and husky.
Pepper, the rotty, is actually my brother's dog. I normally can't handle big dogs, but Pepper, despite her size is a little baby.

Goldie is the alpha dog of the group, she has a tendancy to ride rough shod over Silver and Pepper - or, at least she tries.

When I first laid eyes on this girl, I was looking out the back door when she walks up, her head slung low, snow blue eyes shifted upward looking at me. She had the stance and look of a wolf ready to attack. She freaked the hell out of me. Although a bit scary at first, she really is a very sweet dog.

Now, here we have Silver. She's the love-able one. Not that the other two are not, there is just something special about this brown-eyed beauty. Very calm and sedate, all she wants is just a little of your attention, then, if told, she will leave you alone.

That's it for now. I'm off to take a nap.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Feel better!!

Wolf Lover Girl said...

They are beautiful!!!!! Thanks for finally posting!!

~ Wolf Lover Girl