Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Saturday

Saturday started at 5AM. Yup, 5 O-clock in the morning. I can't say why my body decided to wake at that particular time - on a weekend at that. I don't mind waking that early on a week day, that just means I get to work early and get to leave early. But on a Saturday, good grief, give me a break!!

Well, I get up, grab a cup of coffee and head straight to the computer. I start surfing the usual sites, then play a game. After two hours, I decide to take my car into the shop for an oil change and all that other stuff. Hey, while I'm out I might as well do some extra errands.

So I head of to the Honda Hospital for a check up where I'm told I don't need to have the car serviced (not yet anyways), that I have about another few thousand miles to go. Woohooo!! just saved me some money!!! I drive off in search of a car wash.

I end up in Carrollton, at the Car Spa out on Beltline and Marsh. I've been there before and they do a pretty decent job. In the waiting room, there is a kids section, with kid-tables and chairs, toys, and a television turned to cartoons. I was seated facing the window, watching the employees drying, vacumming, and wiping cars, when my attention was pulled over to the childrens area. I don't recall what cartoon was on (it wasn't one I would normally watch), but there was this one guy who was rivited to the tube. Then another man, walking by, stopped and started watching, then another and another.
I sat there and watched a total of 4 men, who ranged in age of (this is a guess) 23 to 55, stop what they were doing and became total obsorbed in this cartoon. You would have thought some break news was being televised, or it was the PlayBoy channel. It was hysterical. I had my cell phone, but didn't think to take a photo. I wish I had.

Anyways, after that I drove to various different locations running my errands (in a very clean and shiny car). Got back to the house and started the weekly drudge of house cleaning. I was hoping to get this done quickly with Hubs help, but Hub made arrangements to meetup with a friend at the Flying Pig. I was asked to join them, but opted to stay home and tackle some stuff I've been putting off.

Dinner plans were to go out with Katy (Hub's mom), but she canceled out the last minute - she wasn't feeling to hot and chose to stay home. After Hub awoke from his cat-nap, I told him it would be just the two of us tonight, and we headed out to the Cotton Patch Cafe.
We had nice big salads and we split a peach cobbler. Very, very tasty.

I ended the day by falling asleep on the sofa about 9:30 and awoke at about 11 and went to bed.

Overall, despite a couple of ill-tempered moments, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I can just picture all those men watching the cartoon... funny.

mmmm... peach cobbler, that sounds good!

~ Wolf Lover Girl