Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cell Phone Hell

I get up this morning determined to find out what is going on with my cell phone. On my way to my appointment, I stop by the Sprint store down the street. I walk in and notice there's not many people around, about 3 - cool, this isn't going to take to long. Low and behold, in less than 5 minutes I was on the road heading for another Sprint store. Apparently, the Phone Wizard, ran the same tests I did at home and came back with the brilliant comment - "hmm, you're right it doesn't work". Wizard suggest I take it to one of their Service Center stores. Since it's on my way to the shoot, I figured what the heck, I've got about an hour to spare. I walk into Sprint store #2 and instantly see approximate 15-20 people milling about. I walk up to the counter and am told to check-in with the host. I take another look around and walk out the door. Sorry, I know I must wait my turn, but I had reached my "Satisfaction NOW!!!" mode. I recognized that I would probably have been a royal bitch and decide it best to drive off to my appointment. This was definitely the best thing to do, given the drastic mood shift that occurred.
After the shoot was over, I drove back to Sprint store #2 and signed in, looked around, and then decided to sit and wait for my turn. As I am about to lean back on the chair, something made me turn around and look at the chair. On the chair back was a huge, nasty looking, wad of gum - yuck!! I get up and ask the hostess for a tissue to pick up some one's masticated refuse. Maybe the owner thought this was a museum and wanted their bit of art to be on display also. The host was really quite nice, apologized and cleaned it up.
Here's the good part, after waiting 10-15 minutes, I pull the phone out and start hitting buttons left and right. Miracle of all miracles, the phone turned on. At that precise moment, Karen, the customer service person walks up, calls me by my name and says - I understand your phone won't turn on - then notices the phone in my hand is lit up like a Christmas tree. my immediate thought "Oh, Crap!!" I kid you not, that's exactly what went threw my mind. I explain to Karen what was going on and she took the phone and ran some sort of diagnostic check on the computer, then turned the phone off then on without an issue, and even gave me a free battery replacement. She couldn't find anything wrong with the phone. After getting the phone number for the manufacturer, I thanked her and walk out the door. I get home, told Hub what happened, "at least you didn't have to buy a new phone" was his comment. I'm happy I didn't have to shell out $100+ on a new phone.
An hour later, I attempt to make a call and the @!&$# thing is dead and it won't turn on!
Aaaarrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Wow! I can't believe your cell is dead and it's so new. Maybe the new battery she gave you will be better.

Doesn't it figure? It never fails when you're at the "Dr or car place" whatever you said is wrong is no longer wrong and works fine...

~ Wolf Lover Girl