Sunday, August 05, 2007

Work - Family - Photography

Hellooo out there!!

Things have been pretty busy around here, what with work, prepping for a visit from the Atlanta in-laws, and photo class.

Work, well is work. Looks like the oh-so-visible project ran into some coding issues in the "modifications" area of the system which resulted in a possible 7-10 day delay. Boy is good ole Olie our" Fearless New Leader" not happy about it. So I'm not quite so frantic at work. This delay gives me more time to work on test plans - yippeee!

Yes, we gots us some folks comin' ta visit. Hub's aunt and girl cuz will be landing on Thursday. They'll be visiting for four days, I think. Fortunately, they will be staying at Mil's (mother-in-law) house, so I don't have to worry about fixin' up the guest room. I did hear that Mil offered our house for a cookout - hmm, let's see next week the temp should be in the upper 90's. Sorry, but for what we paid for the new air conditioner, I'll be indoors, having me a nice refreshing ADULT type beverage. I can just see it, me sittin' inside getting snockerd while everyone else is outside sippin' ice tea and sweatin'. I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I just don't like sweating!

Honestly though, Jules and Girl Cuz are really good people and I'm looking forward to seeing them - from inside the house (damn it, there I go again).

Now, if you don't know this, you do now (and probably are not surprised), I'm taking another photography class. This past week we got into still life.

This is a photo of our instructor pointing something (don't know what because I was taking the shot) out to one of the students.

I learned how to make a light box out of a $9.00 white mesh box, $8.00 lights from Lowe's, and some fabric and sheets I already had. This was say to much fun, but it also drove me crazy.

I decided to take Friday off and spent the entire day shooting anything I could find. Which turns out to be more difficult than you think. There's so much stuff around the house that I couldn't decide what to use. Finally after hours of playing with the lights, backdrops (which included ironing several different color sheets and fabric remnants), and trying to determine the correct settings on the camera - I finally got down to shooting.

Let me tell you something, when those lights are on for any length of time, it gets HOT!

This brought about frustration because I really didn't like anything I had. Didn't like the way I positioned anything nor the color scheme. My problem is that I want it perfect and that's not going to happen right away. Out of a a hundred shots, I think only one came out decent.

You be the judge - please be honest.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Jess said...

Honestly? Love the wine and the tipped-over glass with the grapes...not so much the standing-up glass with the grapes. Seems like something else could go there. :) But very professional-looking!