Saturday, October 27, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

This whole "busy" life thing is beginning to wear on me. There's too much to do and never, ever, enough time to get everything done. It doesn't help when I really don't want to do anything, but, I light a fire under my back side and get moving.
As an example, right now, I should be sorting and throwing clothes (and what nots) into the washing machine. But what am I doing??? Blogging! My excuse is that I haven't posted in (what seems like) ages. Then again - WTF!
This WTF attitude is my downfall.

Any way...

Hi, how's it going? Here's a quick rundown of the last few weeks, or so.
  1. work is still a pain. The new system that I've been given to work on is a mess. How am I suppose to sign off to beta an application that isn't even complete? Don't answer, because there is no valid answer.
  2. I spoke with my sister for almost an hour and after hanging up I realize that I really do miss her. We never really hung out together that much when we were teenagers and I don't think I really got to know her as well as I wish I could have. Now that we are "adults", there is a need to be closer to her. I don't know why, the feeling is just there.
  3. Hub and I cleaned out the master closet - man where the hell did I get all this crap? There will definitely be a trip to the Good Will donation center in my future. Now that the closet is cleaned out, I have decide where to put all the crap that was moved from the closet to the bedroom. I would really hate to store it back in the closet...kinda defeats the purpose of cleaning out the darn thing in the first place.
  4. Tuesday night was my last photography class down at Brookhaven, I think I've taken all that they offer. Now what?? I'll start little outings on the weekend and after work and apply everything I've learned! That's right, think positive. Anyways, the last day of class was pretty cool and a little sad. I've gotten to know these people and hopefully, we'll meet up again in the future. After class we headed for Snuffer's out in Addison and had a great time talking about anything and everything.
  5. On Saturday, I was suppose to go to the Arboretum, but that didn't pan out - and it was a perfect day for it (I was pretty ticked off at myself about not going). Well, on Sunday I decided to head on into Dallas, go the the State Fair and spend a few hours taking some photographs. I did and had a pretty good time all by my lonesome. A girl I know entered a photo-competition and received an Honorable mention - Yea Jen!! Mental note: check into competitions for next year. While walking through the Midway, my pocket began to vibrate, it was my cell phone. Hub was on the other end (he was doing gardening work with Ernie and Jess at the Martinez hacienda) when he said he locked his keys in the truck. My obvious reply was "and you want me to do what??" Luckily, I was getting tired of lugging my equipment and walking, I made it back to the car and began my 27 mile trek back home to pick up the extra set of keys and then head the other 25 miles to the hacienda. Let me just say this, that was a long a$$ drive, but I made it. Sat and visited with Jess, which is always nice, then headed home for a shower and a nap.
  6. I was actually able to take yesterday off, miracle of all miracles. I headed down to the Arboretum, and started shooting. Despite to children running around, I had a nice, leisurely, peaceful time. I'll be posting some pics on PTMW hopefully tomorrow.
  7. I have another wedding to shoot late this afternoon, and I am pretty hyped about it - it's a Halloween themed wedding. This should be interesting.
  8. Looks like this is my last bullet point, as I just remembered that I have household chores waiting for me.

Until next time...

No comments: