Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Meet Up

During one of my photography classes, I heard about a site, Meet Up, where you can connect with groups of people who share the same interests. I initiated a photography search for the Dallas area and found a group that meets once a month for dinner to discuss and share techniques, gadgets and photos.
Well, the next dinner/meeting is this Sunday at a Steak and Ale, and I have decided that I am going. Anyone with an interest in photography is welcome, beginner or advanced. They suggest everyone bring their cameras, gadgets, and photos. So, I'm now gathering the photos which I think are my best work and will ask for opinions. It is definitely a little scary, but I need to do this to further my education (I need to keep reminding myself of this).
Another thing about this group I like is that they meet up for outings - just what I was looking for. Yippee! December's outing is at the Gaylord Texan hotel which just happens to be a few miles from my house.
I'm getting jazzed about this just thinking about it. I even added by PTMW site to my profile on the site. I hope I get some visitors and comments.
Until next time...

No comments: