Friday, December 14, 2007

God Rest Meme, Merry Gentlemen

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, the only time of the year I can run around the house with scissors.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree?
We would like to do it right after Thanksgiving, but normally it is a week before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Right after New Years day.

5. Do you like egg nog?
Duh!! Is there anything else to pour over your Cheerios??

6. Favorite gift received as a child.
When I was about 6 years old, I got my Easy Bake Oven.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, but Hub does. I think we displayed it on our first Christmas together.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
That’s easy, my father.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
The Angel Tree child – shout out to Jess for showing me the way.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Neither, I am the worst about sending out cards, whether it be Christmas, birthdays, or anniversary.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don’t think I’ve really received a bad gift. I guess I’m just thankful that people care enough about me to give me things.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Although, not your traditional holiday movie my favorite is “Love, Actually” with Colin Firth (insert big sigh here). I love, love, love, LOVE this movie!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Normally, I start looking around October, but this year it will be this weekend.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes I have, about 15 years ago. I received two copies of the same book and decided to give one as a birthday present.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Leftover turkey – turkey tetrazzini, turkey noodle soup, turkey salad, turkey pot pies, ya see where I’m going here?

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Currently we have clear lights, but I personally would prefer multi-colored.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
“All I Want For Christmas is You” from…”Love, Actually”

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home!!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
By song order, height, alphabetically or age?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning, after coffee and during Bloody Mary’s

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
TRAFFIC!! There is a mall between the house and the office, and it seems that there is double or triple the amount of vehicles on the road a mile before and after the mall exit.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
No specific ornament theme, but I do love my Moose(s) placed around the house during the season.

24. Favorite at Christmas dinner?
It's a toss up between Hub's wonderful Squash Casserole and my homemade Chunky Mashed Potatoes with sour cream, and 3 cheeses, tons of butter and pepper.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
This may sound weird, but what I really want is time.
Time with my sister, who I miss more than anyone else on this planet
Time with Hub doing things we both enjoy
Time with my friends
Time with my two 18+ year old cats

Time to relax and enjoy what I have

3 comments:

"Z" said...

26. Do you have plans for the New year?

Yes, Going to our friends house for a great party. We will drink and have a great time and bring in the New Year with style!

Jess said...

My husband. He is so funny.

Amen to #25, sister.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Do you really put Egg Nog in your Cheerios? weird!
Oh! I loved my Easy Bake Oven!!

~ Wolf Lover Girl