Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just a Quick Quickie...


Hub and I are trying to quite smoking, again, for the third time.
Well, to be truthful, Hub is the one who wants to quit - I am going along for the ride because I know smoking's a bad, nasty habit and i should quite.

Over the last few weeks, we quit twice but unfortuneately kinda kept falling of the wagon and had to "endure" each other for the first few smoke-free days. Trust me it was not a pretty sight.

The emotions were high and the tongues sharp, but we made it through - twice.
Now here we are again boarding the wagon to Smoke-Free Town.

I will admit that I'm dreading the urges, and the mood swings more this time than the last two.
I've asked Hub to tell me when he gets to feelin' a bit cranky, then I will try my hardest NOT to push his buttons. He has a tendency to fidget and pace. Then he joins forces with the "dark side". Boy, that can be a whole lotta fun.
I will also keep Hub aware of my roller coasting mood swings - I sure hope it makes a difference.

So far today, I really haven't had a strong urge to grab a cigarette, so I think I'm doing pretty well. Hub, I noticed did get a little moody, but I think he caught it and controlled it.

Once we get past the first 4 or 5 days, things will be much easier .


Until next time...

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sending lots of willpower your way!! Best of luck to both of you. You can do this!

Wolf Lover Girl said...

You can do it!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

Admin said...

Hi, I don't know you at all, but I'm Jess's friend from PA and I've been smoke free for 110 days today and once you get past the first two weeks, it gets so much easier. Yes, there are days that I am still so sad there isn't a pack waiting for me in the car after work, but it passes. I've now gone through finding out we had 4 months to get a mortgage, buy a house and move and also having my grandmother pass away without caving in to smoking. I'm now fairly certain that I will remain smoke free. You can DO IT!! Both of you!! I know it.

Amy