Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Concert

I'm beginning to realize that some things, no matter how much you enjoy them, are just plain getting harder to do. Going to concerts may be one of them.

I came to this realization this morning when I tried (key word - tried) to jump out of bed. The body reacted to something equaling a blood curdling scream. I just can't do the all night party-ing anymore. I should have remembered this from about a month ago, but, DUH! I didn't.

Last night a group of friends and I went to a Melissa Etheridge concert. This is where I jacked-up my back. I think it was during the latter part of the show. I was standing up, screaming my head off, when I sat down I end up on the armrest and slid into the seat at an angle.

Now, about the concert...

AWESOME! ENERGETIC, EMOTIONAL, FAN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC!!!

Yes, I had fun.

This was my second foray into the mists of gender confusion. Let me be clear, it's MY confusion about the gender of others. At this particular show you see people who you believe are of one particular gender, but turns out to be the other. This is normally determined while walking into the Ladies Room and noticing the "girls" walking out. But, hey! Live and let live. I'm there for the music!

Especially since I was able to, uh, excuse me, I forgot to take my camera out of my pocket before walking into the theater. Oops, my bad!


Well, since it was in my pocket and I knew sitting down would be somewhat uncomfortable I did the only thing I could think of...

Yeah, I was able to take a few shots of M.E. - about 100 or so.

Unfortunately, the lighting was a bit harsh for this little Canon, but I was able to get some decent (not great) shots.

M.E.'s concerts are really something else. She delivers each song with emotion and spirit. It's great!

During one portion of the show, she takes a cell phone from someone in the first row and begins talking to the person on the other end. It turns out to be quite comical.

After the concert we headed out to Cheryl's house for a some pizza and beer. I was going to spend the night there, but decided to head home after a few hours. Turned out Hub spent the night at KT's, so when I got home I had the whole bed to myself - WooHoo!

After finally getting out of bed this morning, I remembered I jacked-up my back at the concert. Haven't done that in awhile. It's not too bad right now. Unfortunately, it's not going to keep me from going into the office for a few hours this weekend. I'm thinking a trip to the chiropracter may be a good idea - after all, it's been a while since I been adjusted.

Till next time...




1 comment:

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I'd have to say those are nice pictures for your little Cannon. Glad you had fun at the concert. Did ya'll make it into Cheryl's hot tub? We did on Mr. M's last night with old company.

~ Wolf Lover Girl