Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Holidays

It's been about a week since I last posted, so I am forcing myself to do so now. Just kidding.

Well, Christmas is almost here, and does my house show any sign of holiday cheer...no.
I'm not quite sure why, but I'm just not feeling it this year. I'm not depressed or anything like that, I guess I'm just not in the mood. Sorry about that Hub!

Work has been rough, finally got the application to pilot, although it's still buggy as hell - surprise, surprise!
I decided to take the full week off from work and just veg at the house. I haven't decided if I'm going to make some tamales. Luckily, I haven't committed anything to anyone.

Back to Christmas...

Most of the shopping is done, which really wasn't all that much because it was decided early on that gifts would be few and just for the kids.

Although, I do appreciate the time and effort taken when given a gift, when I'm asked the dreaded question "what do you want for Christmas?", I tell them "nothing", I don't need anything.
Next year, if asked I'll say something to the effect of "buy something for a child in need" or "donate the money planned for me to a worthy cause".

As my age advances, I have developed a penchant for expensive items, and wouldn't dream of expecting these from friends or family - well, maybe Hub. But, isn't that his duty, to shower me with expensive gifts, throughout the year (not just Christmas and birthdays)? Hint, hint!

Anyway, I do wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a joyous Kwanzaa.

Till next time...

1 comment:

Wolf Lover Girl said...

We don't have a lick of Christmas decorations up either. I did want to get something up, especially outside like our neighborhood was doing. But as it got closer to Christmas I thought, "why pull all that stuff down and get it out just to turn around and put it back up?". I guess that's my Bah Humbug. As for gifts? We're not doing any. Family had already made decision to not make anyone purchase anything this year. I'm sure next year will be VERY different.

~ Wolf Lover Girl