Tuesday, April 24, 2007

All I Wanted Was Oatmeal

Today really started out pretty good, but in a matter of a moment it went soaring down hill.

I woke up this morning, had my coffee, showered and got ready to go to work. I was about to leave the house when I remembered I was out of oatmeal packets. I walked to the pantry, found the box (the big 55 packet box from Sam's) and began pulling it out from the lower shelf - when BAM!!!! I felt this red hot shooting pain in my lower back, not a twinge, this was PAIN.
When I tried to straighten up and couldn't, that's when I realized what I had done. It hurt so bad, I had to call out for Hub two or three times because I could barely hear myself the first time.

Hub came out to the kitchen, saw the crooked posture and immediately new what had happened. Instead of trying to help me straighten up, he stood there waiting for me to tell him what I needed - which is the smartest thing he could have done. Had he attempted to help me right away, he would have caused more pain for me and definitely some for himself.
He can be a very wise man.

Hub followed my requests perfectly, he grabbed a kitchen chair and helped me to sit down, then left me alone so that I could relax and determine just how screwed up my back was.
He then came back asked how I was doing and assisted me to the living room - with the chair in tow.
Hub was able to work from home today - isn't that nice, he didn't ask if I needed him, he took it upon himself. Thank you Hub, for that and waiting on me hand and foot today.

So, in front of the TV, that's where I spent a majority of the day. I sat there channel surfing as though testosterone coursing through my body was an every day occurrence.
Let me ask this redundant question: what the hell are television executives thinking when they program daytime television?
There is absolutely nothing to watch on T.V., even with cable and On Demand (which is Time Warner's biggest joke). I did find one movie I hadn't seen which was really quite good - Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightly. It's a very nice period piece.

After a while, I attempted to play a little Super Mario Sunshine but that didn't work out very well. I tried laying down on the floor, but when that wasn't working either, I decided I needed to get back onto the chair. That's when I realized I couldn't get up off the floor - the cavalry was called in.
Hub came out of the computer room and found me trying to move, it must have been a site because he let out a chuckle or two.
I eventually (and painfully) got back onto the chair and ended up taking a nap. It's really not all that comfy napping in a high back dining chair with 2 cats meowing at you because your not suppose to be there during the day. Sorry for cramping your style, guys.

That's pretty much my day. I did manage to take another nap in the guest room where the bed is more comfortable and firmer. By the way, I was bitched out by Sammy (cat), because I had to have him evicted from the room.

The only reason I am able to post now is because Hub move one of the high back chairs into the office for me. I'm not sure if I'll be working tomorrow, at this particular moment, I'm hoping to be able to walk without leaning on anything.

Well, I will probably post again tomorrow, cause Lord knows I am not sitting through another round of daytime television.

Now that I think about it, I never did eat my oatmeal.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today! :(