Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Are You Sure It's Not Monday?

Okay, so this is not starting out to be a good day.


This weekend was BUSY!!!


Saturday: Cleaned the house – all day long. Then Hub and I started prep work for tomorrows grilling extravaganza.


Sunday: Had a blast with friends while munching down on some smoked ribs, brisket, and my killer potato salad. Plus plenty of adult type beverages.


Monday: Didn’t do a damn thing. After Sunday I was a complete and total vegetable. I didn’t realize how exhausted I was when I went to bed Sunday.


Played on the computer, surfed a bit, and finally decided to watch a Netflix movie. The movie, Night Watch, was weird but then again it was Russian. I recall reading an article a year or two ago about this movie and decided that I would watch it once it came out on DVD.
It plays upon the tension between light and dark, pitting the superhuman Night Watch patrollers (known as the "Others") against the shadowed forces of the night. But the biggest fear of all stems from the lines of an ancient prophecy, which warns of a renegade Other whose betrayal could bring chaos to the land. I was thinking the ending was left wide open, so I checked and found there is a sequel call Day Watch (not to be confused with Bay Watch). It is already on my queue.


Tuesday: Since I went to bed relatively early last night, I woke and immediately started getting ready for work in hopes of leaving before 8 am. Well, that didn’t work. Ended up leaving at 8:15, which puts me smack in the middle of traffic – what joy!!

Well, I get to work and checkout the underground parking situation. I cruise thru and find a car parked soooooo illegal that it surprises me. This person had to use several maneuvers to get the car in this position. Turns out it is someone in my department, Beppo, our resident ditsy red head.

Upon entering the Admin area, I head straight to the desk of our self-proclaimed “Ticket Bitch” to advise her that she “has another one in the garage”. TB normally grabs one of those fluorescent red stickers and runs down stairs to slap that bad boy on the car window. Unfortunately, TB is out of the office this week. So, I spoke to Beppo my self. She at first laughed it off thinking I found it amusing – I was NOT AMUSED!
She suggested I go get a sticker and put it on the car. All I said is that it isn’t right and that I wanted her to know. Then I turned around and went on to my desk. Apparently, several people (including a manager) have mentioned her illegal parking to her – but has she moved the damn car…..NO!


I guess my gripe is just the fact that she is openly being defiant just to piss people off. Unfortunately it is working. She told the facilities manager that she would be moving it at lunch. Well, guess what, she didn’t go out to lunch and from what I’ve heard, it is still parked illegally.

Are you sure it's not Monday??

It seems like a Monday!

No comments: