Saturday, February 14, 2009

What's in Your Wallet?

Yesterday I drove myself to work (yea!!) because I had a therapy appointment at 10:45, and didn't want Hub to leave work in the middle of the day and then have to go back. Plus, I'm thinking Hub wouldn't mind the break from playing chauffer.

I made the expected 40 minute drive from Carrollton to Denton in less than 30 minutes. This is what "no traffic" is like.
So being 15 minutes early, I sat in the car cleaning out my wallet for about 10 minutes.
It's amazing how much crap one can collect in a little wallet. Other than the standard items (credit/debit cards, drivers license, Sam's card, etc.), my findings were as follows:

12 Old receipts (2 dating back to 2/27/2007)
3 Kohls discount cards (expired)
7 grocery store coupons (yes, expired)
8 gift cards (several unused)
3 Medical insurance cards (two expired)
1 Library card
1 NAPP membership card
4 phone numbers without names
3 phone numbers with names
1 directions to a friends house
1 photo of me from Extreme Makeover Home Edition

No wonder I need a new wallet!!

I kept running those Capital One commercials through my head - the ones with the barbarians running rampant in the city, and for the rest of the afternoon, I kept hearing "What's in you're wallet"

Until next time....

2 comments:

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I've learned to start keeping mine to the most limited of items. I don't even ask for receipts anymore.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

"Z" said...

Wallet? Haven't had one of those in forever. I now have a clip... cant call it a money clip because it doesn't hold money very often. Although, when I did carry a wallet it was of the "George Costanza" variety. And, I wouldn't be able to tell you was in it. I wouldn't know.