Sunday, March 01, 2009

This Past Week

Well, this past week I had my last treatment for my Achilles tendon problem. Although I was still wearing the boot for a good portion of the week, I'm now going without it a majority of the day. It feels weird wearing a complete pair of shoes again; I'm a little hesitant to walk a normal pace for fear of feeling the excruciating pain that I felt a month ago. It's really not hurting, it's just a matter of stretching the tendons and muscles. I'm getting there...yea!!!
Plus it is sooo good to be able to drive myself to work. Altho, I must admit I enjoyed having Hub drive me around - some good quality time. I just didn't like getting to work an hour to an hour and a half later than usual. But, things are getting back to normal now.

Found out last week that I've been selected to work for AFI Dallas as a photographer for the film festival in late March. Talk about jazzed up, I was so excited when I found out I couldn't sit still. This is just too cool!
I'll be photographing independent film makers, actors and sponsors during parties, Q&A sessions, and working the "Red Carpet".
I attended my first meeting Saturday and found approximately 30 other photographers were accepted. There are three different venues requiring coverage, so they need plenty of photographers.
One nice surprise - as I was parking my car, I saw someone I recognized...my old photo instructor. I hadn't seen him in over a year and now I'll be working with him. How cool is that??

I finally found and bought a Wii Fit board. This is going to come in handy to get my ankle/feet back into working order. Now if I can get Hub to stop playing his games, I can start playing mine. WoooHoooo!

We're still unsure who is going to get laid off, if anyone. I've been told that we should know what our status is with the company by the end of March. We'll see what happens.

Well that is pretty much the highlights of last week, not a bad week if I say so myself.

Until next time...

No comments: