Friday, January 01, 2010

As Time Goes On

Wow, 2010!! It's so hard to imagine that we are almost 10 years into the new millennium.

I remember when I was about 11 or so I would calculate what the year would be when I would turn 20, 30, 40, and the dreaded 50. Oh, I couldn't imagine turning 50 years old, that was wayyyy too old and so far away - that day will never come.

At the time, I thought it's going to be forever before I get to 20, but I did, and the next thing I knew I was 30, then I was suddenly in my 40's. My God, where did the time go? How did it move so fast?

When I hit my 40's I sat and thought about the little girl who couldn't imagine time would actually move forward, but it did. Yup, she got older, had experiences she dreamed about, some she didn't, and some that really shook her to the core.

I've made it this far with the support and love of my family and friends - thank you for all your teachings and patience, because I know it wasn't always easy.

All I can hope for is the next 50 years don't fly by as quickly as the first. I guess that's something I can blog about in years to come.

Well, I'll try to post at least once a week to keep you all up to date with me and my life.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Gina said...

So much for posting once a week... maybe once a month???