Tuesday, April 05, 2011

How Time Flies

Time somehow gets away from us like a slippery snake. I know it's been a while since my last post, but I didn't realize it was THAT long ago. Well, here's a few things mind you, it's not all that thrilling really:

Thanksgiving and Christmas were spent at home. Originally, we were to drive to El Paso and Atlanta to visit family, but that never occurred due to the impending layoff of Hub. Had to save money. Needless to say it was a very lean Christmas. January came and Hub was officially laid off. Although, a severance package was given, I still wanted him to find a job as quickly as possible. I forgot how time consuming and arduous this process is. Things are now looking really quite good, when it rains it pours. He's expecting to hear back from a few companies in the next week or so. Keep your fingers crossed.

As for me, work is... well, work. Super busy the last couple of months on a project that was being fast tracked without out our knowledge. Really fun, trying to figure out how a new (huge, really huge) enhancement works without documentation. Someone REALLY dropped the ball on the communication end of things.

My back is doing great, no more pain - yay!! I still go to the chiropractor to keep things in line. The one thing that I'm still amazed by is that I no longer have the allergy issues I used to have. Since correcting my back, my sinus' are behaving.

Started a new little hobby called Geo Caching. It's a high tech game of hide and seek. Using a GPS or some sort of navigation devise, you can hide or seek containers called "geocaches" Each cache contains a log book and sometime small little objects to trade (take one you leave one). Once found you sign the log book and hide the cache were you found it (for the next person), then log it on the website. This game is great, love running around trying to find these caches without bringing any attention to myself. You gotta be in stealth mode, you don't want "muggles" (non-geocachers) to find the cache. I've noticed a lot of parents do this with their kids. It's great fun and gets my happy butt outside.

Right now I'm taking vacation time from the office to work at the DALLAS International Film Festival (DIFF) as one of their photographers. Normally, I prefer working the Red Carpet, but it's been so darn windy that I'm glad I'm shooting the Question & Answer portion of the film screenings. The downside, is that I missed photographing Ann Margaret and Dennis Quaid. :( I've had the opportunity to see some excellent films, and a few documentaries. Oh yeah, I was cruising a film site and came across a photo I took of Liener Temerlin (founder of DIFF) and Ross Perot during the opening night Red Carpet. Check it out, scroll down till you see to men in tuxedos. Cool!!

On a side note, Mothers, if you are planning on vaccinating your babies or having your daughter take the Gardasil injections you MUST see The Greater Good documentary by Chris Pilaro and Kendall Nelson.

So, all in all, things are going well. Since I now must run to drive down into Dallas, I'm hoping to get some celebrity shots either today or tomorrow. If so, I'll post them.

Till next time...

No comments: